As I had mentioned earlier every once in awhile of late I had dropped in on Peter David’s blog to witness his latest manic episode of ranting like Chicken Little. I’ve already spoken at length about how the supposedly ‘enlightened’ David who pretends to be so much better than so many is really deep down quite a nasty piece of work.
I have to wonder fi the reason David was so good at writing the Hulk was that deep down he was as misanthropic as the Hulk who was originally Marvel’s Mister Hyde.
I’d be lying if I didn’t say that every little bit of rain that falls into the man’s life gives me the sense that there are scales of cosmic justice and they do balance out.
Now David who had been stricken with a debilitating medical condition (stroke) a few years back and who pleaded with fans for financial help decided to dig into the well again but this time to pay off an old tax debt.
That tax thing is a motherfucker, I’ve been down that road but I did take care of things and was glad to have done so. The IRS on your case is akin to having the Sword of Damocles hanging over you and the IRS is better than a loan shark because not only do they not go away but they’ve got the entire US Government on their side.
However, there is something a little galling about a man who can take trips around the world and go to Disneyland and live a pretty nice life pleading poverty and digging into the pockets of fans instead of taking care of things himself.
It’s especially ironic in light of this little episode last year at NYCC:
Here is David on the heels of being unable to walk out there begging for money, a bit like the story that had him so incensed at Comicon. Of course like in all other things Peter’s racism is okay because he’s ‘liberal.’
I have to wonder fi the reason David was so good at writing the Hulk was that deep down he was as misanthropic as the Hulk who was originally Marvel’s Mister Hyde.
I’d be lying if I didn’t say that every little bit of rain that falls into the man’s life gives me the sense that there are scales of cosmic justice and they do balance out.
Now David who had been stricken with a debilitating medical condition (stroke) a few years back and who pleaded with fans for financial help decided to dig into the well again but this time to pay off an old tax debt.
That tax thing is a motherfucker, I’ve been down that road but I did take care of things and was glad to have done so. The IRS on your case is akin to having the Sword of Damocles hanging over you and the IRS is better than a loan shark because not only do they not go away but they’ve got the entire US Government on their side.
However, there is something a little galling about a man who can take trips around the world and go to Disneyland and live a pretty nice life pleading poverty and digging into the pockets of fans instead of taking care of things himself.
It’s especially ironic in light of this little episode last year at NYCC:
Here is David on the heels of being unable to walk out there begging for money, a bit like the story that had him so incensed at Comicon. Of course like in all other things Peter’s racism is okay because he’s ‘liberal.’
No comments:
Post a Comment